28/7/10

White-winged Choughs

White-winged Chough (Corcorax melanorhamphos)
No longer in Dunmoochin Cottlesbridge, Victoria, I'm now back home in sunny Tasmania but my memories of Dunmoochin are still filling me with such inspiration for my paintings and one bird in particular are the choughs. Almost as big as a currawong these birds move about in groups of 10. I spotted two groups around Dunmoochin. One group would swoop down on the other and startle them into the trees. Hard to photograph as they moved quickly and would fly off at any noise but towards the end on my stay one group was getting used to my presence but do you think I could take one good photo of them when they where in large numbers on the ground digging for food?? It was such an impressive sight and I kept all my blurred photo's for reference for paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment