22/2/09

Looking out for junior!

The parent cormorant waited and watched the waters left and right until he/she spotted their offspring.
It was fantastic watching him come in. I spotted him way off in the distance, he bobbed up looking directly at his parent waiting on the rock and then dove down. I waited for him expecting he would make a direct bee line for us but after a while I noticed him to my right about 2o meters away. Silly me, the current and wind was pretty strong so the only way he could come in was along this course. Like a little sailing boat he made his way up onto the rock and immediately set about to drying his wings.

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy watching the Cormorants.
    The last photo represents such a perfectly typical pose. I like the detail on the wings, back and tail.

    ReplyDelete